The Igloo

I have always wanted to build an igloo in my classroom.... So this year right after Christmas Break, I began to collect milk containers. I found a lot of other teacher posts that made it seem very easy..... So I started.



Seemed easy enough when I started, but quickly I realized that I did not have enough milk containers




So this is how far I got with my husbands help after about 3 hours....and we knew that it was not very stable...maybe our glue wasn't hot enough, maybe we had too many different sizes of containers, or maybe we needed a stronger base, but I knew that we would not be able to do a roof.  So the kiddos decided it was a castle (like from Frozen) or a snow fort, and they liked it just the same.  I am not sure that I will ever do one again...it was a lot of work!  So far it has held up fairly well, and the kids really do enjoy playing in it, so that makes it worth the hard work! 





No comments:

Post a Comment